OFSTED March 2019
What a different experience this inspection was. The inspection was robust and rigorous but also fair. We were told that we are very much on our way to being outstanding in all areas! We achieved outstanding in the area that mattered the most.
The additional comments shared with us by the inspectors that we especially liked were that:
' Each child is a unique child at Lake View.'
'The training and coaching provided to teaching staff is a bespoke and tailored one.'
You can read the report for yourself. Here are a few highlights from it:
- This is a good school
- Leaders, other staff and the governing body have a shared ambition and vision for the school
- There is a culture of high expectations
- Relationships are a strength
- There is a very positive ethos of care and mutual respect
- Pupils have a positive ‘have a go’ attitude to learning
- Children in the early years make a good start to their school life
- Pupils’ behaviour is impeccable at all times of the school day
- Staff develop pupils’ leadership skills very well. They encourage pupils to have high aspirations
- The teaching of reading is highly effective
- All pupils who spoke with inspectors said that there is no bullying in the school and were emphatic that staff would resolve any concerns they may have.
- Pupils spoke of the different people they can speak to, including pupil leaders, if they have a worry
And let us end with one of our favourite statements:
- The behaviour of pupils is outstanding. Pupils conduct themselves excellently at all times of the school day, including in corridors, assemblies, at lunchtimes or on the playground.
WE ARE VERY PROUD OF LAKE VIEW
Ofsted visit - 26th - 27th March 2019 and the report in full
Please find attached our latest Ofsted report. The delay was caused by my reporting lots of factual inaccuracies in it, which were then reviewed by H.M.I. So at last it's here for you to read. Without 'beating about the bush' we are still requires improvement and a bit disappointed that we just missed good BUT to quote the lead inspector:
"This is glowing for R.I. as you have a lot of strengths."
"The journey that you've been on, shows that the school has moved on and you are now at the end of the journey which now requires tweaking".
We will do those tweaks.
If you have any comments or thoughts or suggestions as ever do come and talk to us.