Our vision, aims and values
“BE CARING, CONFIDENT AND CREATIVE”
We aim for our pupils to:
- Be creative in their enquiry and problem-solving activities.
- Be able to learn independently and collaboratively.
- Achieve their personal targets across the curriculum.
- Have accurate self-awareness and be willing to extend themselves in body and mind and spirit.
- Have empathy, respect and consideration for others.
- Be respectful of all cultures and religions.
- Have the confidence to ask questions and be objective about the views and opinions of others.
- Make healthy lifestyle choices and be safe.
- Have a responsible attitude towards their environment.
We will achieve our aims by providing/ensuring:
- Pupils have their individual needs addressed.
- A safe, secure, disciplined and health promotion environment.
- An ethos of challenge, support and encouragement to succeed.
- A high quality broad and balanced curriculum.
- A variety of learning experiences incorporating investigative approaches and individual/group learning tasks.
- The use of rich, varied, up-to-date learning resources which incorporate ICT.
- Assessment which is diagnostic, formative, summative and evaluative.
- An enriching programme of visits, visitors and extra-curricular activities.
- Effective partnerships between school, home and community.
- Continuing professional development for all staff to build on the skills necessary to develop effective teaching and learning.